ponderings

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Wonderful Day

Little Miss was quite the character yesterday. She was so excited to be going to the park, that she broke into song. When we came in from walking the dog, I wrote down her lyrics

It’s a wonderful day
to go to the park
in the fresh air and play.

Oh, can’t you see
twirl, twirl, twirl)
It’s a beautiful day.
It’s a beautiful day

It’s a smiley day!

I was playing around in Photoshop with some gradients and styles I picked up at GDS, by Tricia Curtis Designs. Oh, what fun and so addictive. These were the first gradients I have bought, but they sure are easy to use, and a great way to add some fun to your pages

I first changed my photo to b&w.
Then I applied a gradient overlay, adjusted the opacity a bit
and transformed my photo to this






I have been waiting for the weather to be cool enough
to put this gorgeous sweater on Little Miss. It was a gift
from my sister, and yesterday was perfect fall-ish weathter.

Here is what I used in the page
I see lots more time spent playing around with the styles and gradients




I have been trying to get in lots of outdoor activities and outings while the weather is warm, and before Little Miss starts school next week. We have been going to her favorite parks and playgrounds. She loves the Spillway and has as much fun in the little patch of sand as she does at the beach. On the way back to the car, we cross a long bridge. There is a small, relatively shallow area where one can walk on the rocks to get across. Little Miss was thrilled to sit down on the rocks with the water trickling over her toes.




And I used Bumblebears by Kathryn Estry




1 comment:

Briarwood Scraps said...

What a sweet song. Gotta love it!